Friday 25 December 2009

Merry Christmas

Bookies are expecting to pay out on a White Christmas as more snow is forecasted for Scotland and the North East - at least something good comes of the bad weather.

For those who read my blog, I would like to wish you a very Merry Christmas and hope that 2010 is a fantastic and successful new year.

For me, in February, I will become a dad for the first time at the ripe old age of 50. I already know this will be a momentous year for my family. No matter what else is in store for me, I cannot wait.

However, it is at these moments when I realise life is not the same for everyone. After the missed opportunity for future generations at Copenhagen, I fear for African nations and the people who look on in disbelief as we spend billions to save our way of life while they starve. I think of the brave soldiers in Afghanistan who may get turkey but they will not be with their families and loved ones this Christmas.

As we tuck in and relax amongst our friends and family this Christmas, please spare a thought for all those who are not as well off as us. And let's hope that 2010 is a year of real hope and progress for them.

Have a great Christmas.

No comments: