Wednesday 1 April 2009

Money Well Spent

Well it was too much to hope for. After my last article, my faith in humanity was misplaced and City workers have once again covered themselves in honour by taunting G20 protesters with £10 notes.

There really is not much you can say. Quite what the waving of a £10 note is meant to say is unclear but that is about the sum of the matter. If that is the standard of intelligence and morals we have recruited in the Financial world then it is little wonder that we are in our current position.

It will be a monumental effort of restraint for anyone not to respond to such arrogance.

Far worse, innocent people like my wife, who works at the edge of the City, and people like her will be the ones likely to get hurt in any flare up of anger not the idiotic cowards who wave their money from the windows.

If enough shame has not been brought upon the banking industry already, then surely this must be the last straw. It has cost us all personally a great deal of money to save the careers of nobodies like that. If I had a choice I wouldn't give them the time of day, much less the money I earn.

I hope Obama, Brown and all the G20 team take a long hard look at what they are saving and preserving. It isn't worth it.
It doesn't make you proud to be British or have friends in the banking industry.

No comments: